Monday, January 21, 2008

Pulling for Big Blue (i.e. NOT the Pats)

Living in New York, I have realized that there has been a noticeable increase of Giants garb-clad folks on the street, subways and buses over the past couple weeks. And one can only expect those numbers to increase exponentially with Giants now heading to the Superbowl. Now I am no Giants fan, nor will I be seen wearing any of their paraphernalia the next two weeks- but make no mistake: come Superbowl Sunday I will be be pulling for the Giants like they are my own.

Why? Because the Patriots must lose. I hate to be one of the bitter masses- cheering against a team, rather than just not rooting for them- but there you have it. I will say this: I always root against the Pats, as they are a rival of my lowly Dolphins, so at least I am not guilty of being a bandwagon-hater. In a season where everything has gone right for them, now would be the perfect time for things to fall apart for them. Of course, I also thought the past two weeks would have been a good time too- but who's counting? But for the Pats to fall on the grand stage that is the Superbowl, would satiate my desires. For Tom Brady to have that game that costs his team the championship, I could rest easy (darn near happened yesterday- fortunately for him he threw his three picks to a team with endzonaphobia). That's it... all I'm saying. Go Giants (sort of)!

No comments: